As with all your appliances, you must do some maintenance on your dishwasher to keep it running efficiently and avoid costly repairs down the road. Follow these steps every few months and you will have a dishwasher that will get your dishes sparkling clean!
- Remove the racks from the dishwasher to access the sprayer arms. Check the small nozzle holes for any debris and clogs and pull out as much as you can with tweezers and a toothpick.
- Clean the filter. It is where all the stuck on food ends up, and it’s a good idea to check your filter often to make sure it isn’t limiting the flow of water.
- Deodorize the dishwasher with vinegar. Pour a cup of white vinegar into the bottom of the empty dishwasher and run it on the heavy cycle.
- Clean the door seal and check for cracks or damage. This helps prevent the dishwasher from leaking onto the floor.
- Use a rinse aid. It helps eliminate the spots and film that coats your dishes.
Complete these steps regularly and you will have a dishwasher that stays working stronger longer. It also pays off when you get the final result of sparkling clean dishes every time!